Tuesday, September 25, 2012

One Busy Week!

I'm sure you've heard the expression a picture's worth a thousand words.  It's been a whole week since I last posted, but instead of writing one long piece, I've decided to trade in the words with a few fun photos.  Enjoy!  

Join the Mayhews Maybe?  This Sunday marks my next building-wide program for 80 Lafayette.  We'll be taking eight residents to the swanky Tribeca Grill, so I ditched the normal banner for a barbecue.  From the Coleman insignia to the face made from sausage links, chicken wings, and a chargrilled hamburger, I'd say that's one good piece of advertisement.

It's Bread Baking Baby!  Fall is officially here.  The leaves are changing, and Starbucks has changed its menu to include Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  That can only mean one thing...it's back to the kitchen for me.  For Sunday's 11t Floor program it was all about the carb overload.  I made banana bread, gluten-free banana bread, chocolate buttermilk bread, and a pizza crust baguette.
Cat Got Your Tongue?  As I was walking the streets of NYC,  I came across a store where every product is emblazoned with the face of Hello Kitty.  From posters and PJs to neck rest and luggage, our favorite furry friend couldn't be missed. 
I Scream for Ice Cream!  Cold Stone's cake batter ice cream drizzled with caramel and mashed Reese's peanut cups sounds like a perfect dinner to me.  So much for trying to be healthy, but at least I had carrot sticks and celery for lunch.  
I Have Such Sweet Friends!  After my trip to Cold Stone, it was back to Lafayette.  I went to my staff mailbox and discovered the most adorable dish towel with a sweet note from my friends.  I've had such a rough week, and just seeing how much they care instantly melts away some of the stress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment