Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sitting Pretty at 23


Taylor Swift's "22" can no longer be the song I turn to when I'm looking for a song about my age.  Nope, I'm another year older…I'm sitting pretty at 23.  As I look back at the past 12 months, it's one that's been filled with quite a few milestones.  I graduated from college, left New York, got my first real job, bought my own car, and even had a power bill be put in my name; I guess you could say 22 was a year of changes.  But like all good years, 22 only had 365 days.  


23 has a lot to live up to, so I decided I'd give it a jump start by spending my first few days sipping mimosas and roasting s'mores in the North Georgia Mountains.

When we decided to leave our snuggly warm cabin...


Our first outing was to Anna Ruby Falls.  Located near Helen's Unicoi State Park, it only costs $3 to visit these wondrous water walls.  For those of y'all who aren't into the whole hiking thing, this is the site for you.  The trail is only 1/2 a mile long.  And, when you get back to the bottom be sure to check out the gift shop.  It's filled with crafty finds from local artists in addition to your typical t-shirts and bumper stickers.

I'm pretty sure I'm the worst pet mommy in the world.  Dublin was supposed to get snow last week; when we didn't, I made it my mission to make sure Roo got her picture taken in the "Devil's Dandruff."  She was not a happy girl, but doesn't she look cute? 

Mandatory Mother-Daughter selfie with the falls in the background! 
After that we visited Babyland General Hospital.  I know, you're probably thinking why would a now 23 year old want to visit a Cabbage Patch Kids Playland?  I was right there with you until I walked through the glorious doorway that is BLGH.  Dressed in scrubs, LPNs (Licensed Patch Nurses) greet each guest, revealing great photo-op spots and dishing on their favorited doll design.  I was never much of a Cabbage Patch kiddo; American Girls were more my thing.  But, it took some serious restraint not to snatch up one of their babies born on my birthday!  Maybe they put something in the air?  Anyways, I'd say if you're a parent (or just someone staying in Helen who's looking for something to do) make a trek to see the cabbage patch for yourself.

Isn't her hair just the cutest. 
Obviously, this was a post-visit pictures.  Hence the goofy-grin and super excited expression about dolls. 
So, what we've learned here is I may be one year older but I'm obviously still a child at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment