Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cheerio to Cheerios

I have a new found addiction that I just can't seem to quit…Cheerios.  I don't know if you've been down the breakfast aisle recently, but the classic cereal your grandma's snacking on has a new twist.  Forget the Honey Nut flavor, there's now 14 varieties of Cheerios!

It all started when I tried the Apple Cinnamon.  One spoonful, and I was hooked.  Usually, I'd just keep buying the same flavor, but on the back of each box are suggested mixing combinations.  For instance, they recommend adding Cinnamon Burst Crunch to Apple Cinnamon, creating an "Apple Crisp."  Or, you could add Frosted Cheerios to Chocolate for a "Chocolate Cake" taste.  My favorite though is anything that's mixed with the Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios.  Fast forward six weeks, and I'm now the proud owner of seven cereal boxes.
See, I wasn't exaggerating when I said seven boxes. 
At this point, there's no telling how many handfuls of O's I've eaten in the name of research.  I feel like a Pokemon Master trying to catch all the flavors.  So far, I've tried them all except for the Dulce de Leche Cheerios.  They must be good though since I've already searched 10+ grocery stores and still can't seem to find them.

Basically, Cheerios are the best quick breakfast (or lunch or dinner) option around.  But beware, once you start it's hard to stop!

And if you're wondering the 14 members that make up the Cheerio family, here they are:
-Cheerios
-Honey Nut Cheerios
-Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch
-Multi Grain Cheerios
-Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
-Banana Nut Cheerios
-Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
-Chocolate Cheerios
-Dulce de Leche Cheerios
-Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter
-Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate Crunch
-Frosted Cheerios
-Fruity Cheerios
-Yogurt Burst Cheerios

So, go ahead and try a few combinations for yourself.  Then, tell me which is your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment