Before I get started, just know that nearly every advice list for 20-somethings is written by someone sitting in their pajamas, eating leftover Chinese food in their way too tiny for the rent apartment. For me, it's a big bowl of three different types of Cheerios, but you get the idea...
1) If I could only have one meal for the rest of my life it'd be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toasted whole wheat bread.
2) We are all a little weird.
3) TV Land has some pretty rocking shows! As a child, I used to love sick days because it meant I got to spend the afternoon watching Murder She Wrote and The Dick Van Dyke Show. And, now they're on Netflix.
4) Love God. Love people.
5) Except for Gone With the Wind, the book will always be better than the movie.
6) Money makes the world go round. But, I'd rather have a lifetime of memories than a fat bank account.
7) My decision to be a vegetarian might be tied with my unwillingness to learn how to cook real meals?
8) Family is important.
9) I'd rather have an awesome night at home with my dog then a shitty night at a bar with a bad date.
10) Somehow, life's become a rat race to out-achieve my peers: from first jobs and marriage proposals to trendy weekend activities and brunch shots, it's all just one big competition.
11) That being said…Instagram literally puts a filter on life. So we should stop judging personal successes by our friends' food porn.
12) You're never too old to enjoy a Disney movie…I mean have you seen Frozen?
13) Life is better with coffee.
14) Gossip is like junk food…it's easy to consume but ultimately leaves us feeling empty.
15) I'm in no real rush to settle down. Someday I'll get married, but for now I've got a full Netflix Que.
16) Jeremiah 29:11
17) It's important to know about the world's goings-ons. So, watch the news, pick up a newspaper or read a blog.
18) Crafting is therapeutic.
19) So is eating cupcakes.
20) Stop over thinking everything! The light from the sun takes 8.3 minutes to reach earth. So, if you're taking more than eight minutes to decide on which Starbucks coffee you should have this morning, you're over-thinking it.
21)Pale people who burn easily aren't the only ones who should be wearing sunscreen and a giant beach hat.
22) Growing up Southern is a privilege. It's more than sweet tea, college football and summers that start in April. It's being hospitable with a family first mentality and fried dish on the side.
23) I'm not a finished person.