|Lorelai, Clair, June..who's your favorite?|
1) Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls: If you're a girl who grew up in the '00s chances are you've wished your mother-daughter relationship was more like that between Rory and her quirky, coffee-drinking mom. After sitting through seven seasons, Lorelai taught us diner food is delicious and anything can be achieved through hard work (and a little bit of sass).
2) Catelyn Stark, Game of Thrones: Sure, she plays favorites (like solely focusing on Rob's protection when Arya and Sansa were stuck in King's Landing following their dad's beheading), but you gotta admit she's a devoted mom. From Cat, it’s apparent when your counterpart is Cersei, it doesn’t take much to win the maternal match.
3) Carol Brady, The Brady Brunch: The typical story of a blended family, TBB is all about what happens after mom and dad get together to form their one big happy family. Stay at home mom is her official job title, but Carol does so much more. From freelance writer and sculptor to lunch packer and PTA president, she's the '70s mom to be, all while carting around her six kiddos in that brown station wagon.
4) Clair Huxtable, The Cosby Show: Long before Michelle Obama moved to Pennsylvania Avenue, Clair introduced America to a fabulous black woman who shattered racial stereotypes. No other TV momma has lived up to her iconic beauty and brains. From her court room, shoulder-padded suits to her silky, jewel-toned pjs, she always looked like a well put together lady. If I was guaranteed a mom like Clair, I'd want to be one of five too!
5) Cora Crawley, Downton Abbey: It takes a special person to deal with a mother-in-law like Violet. But, Cora's defining mom moment came in Season One, when she helped Mary move a dead body from her bed. Talk about doing whatever it takes to keep your daughter's public appearance up.
6) June Cleaver, Leave It To Beaver: Yes, June wore pearls around the house. And high heels. But her real trademark was her loving, no-nonsense approach to raising two boys. These days, people love to poke fun at June, but you gotta admit there's something sweet to making sure your family's dinner is ready and on the table at 5:00 PM, even if it is unrealistic.
7) Laura Petrie, The Dick Van Dyke Show: Laura's who Betty Drapper wishes she could be. This strong woman knows how to keep a home, manage a family, and remain true to her own self, all while rocking capri pants. Certainly not the normal '60s TV Mom, she's not afraid to voice her own opinions, and if her husband disagrees, then oh well.
8) Tami Taylor, Friday Night Lights: As if raising a teenage daughter couldn't earn you a spot by itself, Mrs. Coach is the go-to Momma for all Dillion football players. She miraculously says the right thing at the right time to every wandering teen to come her way. Plus, Tami know that sometimes the best therapy is a date night with the television and a glass of Chardonnay.
9) Sophia Petrillo, The Golden Girls: The eldest Golden Girl sure is one tough cookie, but those wise cracks don't hide this Italian Ma's love for Dorothy, Blanche, and Rose.
10) Jill Taylor, Home Improvement: She's a mother to three boys and married to Tim "The Toolman" Taylor…nuff said.
11) Reba McEntire, Reba: Like the theme song says, Reba's a survivor. Though a cheating husband and pregnant 17-year-old are thrown her way, this feisty red head's got it under control.