Sunday, May 22, 2011

Living Like a Longstocking

A week at the beach with wonderful family friends...priceless!

For the next seven days, I'll be in St. Augustine, FL spending my days on the beach, reading books that have been turned into movies and getting burned regardless of my SPF 100.  All nine of us are sharing a ginormous house called the Villa Villekulla.  That's right, we're staying in Pippi Longstocking's house; I'm still searching for pirate's gold and my monkey seems to be missing.  But, the crazy colors and close proximity to the ocean are perfect characteristics for a beach retreat.
The Sign for Our Beach House 

Not really much to report, but I did read 150+ pages of Water for Elephants.  I'm sure it's only a New York Times Bestseller because Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon are starring in the new film, but I found myself buying it at the Strand a few weeks ago.  I'm just saying, it's the perfect read; sections are short and there's multiple places to stop mid-chaper incase you'd like to move your chair closer to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment