Sunday, May 15, 2011

Seahorses in Graduation Hats


Under the Sea
I'm officially back in GA for the summer.  My dorm room's in storage and all my finals are finished.  This  past week has been a whirlwind of sleepless nights and cups of coffee.  I killed more trees with my incessant amount of notecards, and I drained the ink out of every single pen I own.  I swiped my last meal of the semester at Chick-fil-A, and my last dining dollars were spent on a frappuccino from Starbucks.  I made the 2 1/2 hour flight from LGA to ATL on Friday and have been basking in my baby sister's glory for GRADUATION WEEKEND!  All the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are in as we celebrate Becky's many achievements.  I've told just about any person who would listen to me that she's the Valedictorian.  Seriously, I'm the proudest sister in the whole world.

Her Awards Table

Seven Hours Later 60 Perfect PB&Js
Joey and Rachel-The Cutest Couple
Complete with Converse

Yesterday was her graduation party.  It's Under the Sea theme posed a little of a threat, but my mom of course went above and beyond to make it wonderful.  The decorations were absolutely beautiful; 40 goldfish swam in vases for the centerpieces, and jelly-fish dangled from the ceiling.  A treasure chest filled with pirate booty rested on her awards table; a conch shell fountain adorned the slush-punch station.  Besides the typical sea creatures, alligators and Go Gators blocks lined the desert table in celebration of Becky's top college choice-University of Florida. The food was absolutely stupendous; shrimp sandwiches and salmon pat'e brought the Under the Sea theme to guests' tastebuds, while the seahorse-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and fruit trays were a tasty substitute for me, the sole vegetarian in Macon.  For Becky's party favors, we had candy bar wrappers especially made that say "Becky Noel-Valedictorian" on the front and "Tattnall Square Academy Class of 2011" on the back.   It was so wonderful to see all Becky's friends, family, and teachers come and support all her achievements.   If you ask me the party was a great success, and the celebration's just beginning.  Today's baccalaureate, and tomorrow's graduation.


Adorable Favors and Gator Cupcakes 
She'll Always Be My Baby Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment