Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

My CORA and I All Dressed Up 
Happy Halloween to one and all.  Funny thing...I actually forgot today was the big day.  I saw the cutest little girl dressed up as Strawberry Shortcake this morning, and only then did I realize today's actually Halloween, not yesterday.  Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that I have class until 10:30pm tonight and wore my housewife costume last night.  It's officially, my ghoulish games are officially over for Halloween 2011.

As for last night Frank Sinatra blared, and  168 people sampled my homemade pumpkin, coconut, and apple pies.  For the most part, reviews were positive; I think they were just surprised our desserts weren't store bought.  I had two excuses for spending all of Saturday baking 1) I was on duty and couldn't leave Laf and 2) I was simply getting into character for my Halloween costume.  But honestly, I just love baking.  Sometimes, I do wonder what my life would have been like if I'd been born 50 years earlier; I think it's safe to say that I would have made an excellent housewife.

The Lafayette Staff, All Dressed Up in Our Costumes 

No comments:

Post a Comment