Saturday, October 8, 2011

To Many Hours With Final Cut

These past couple of days have truly been a whirlwind.  I not only spent the weekend in Georgia but come Monday night found out my Journalism assignment had to be completely finished (including Final Cut edits) by Wednesday at noon.  I was on call Tuesday night and had a French exam too...basically my first full night of sleep for the week was Thursday!  Multiple, daily trips to Starbucks for a Venti Pumpkin Spice latte is the only way I made it through.

It all started Sunday night.  I'd spent an absolutely wonderful weekend back home in Georgia.  During my four days of Southern  bliss I ate way to much food, watched football, heard my little brother play in the halftime show, and shopped for Christmas presents.  Despite the not so convient timing, just getting to love on my mom made the whole thing worth it.  Anyways, my plane landed in JFK around midnight, but I didn't actually get to sleep until 1:30.  And, I had to set my alarm for 4:30am to finish a script for one of my classes.

Come Monday night, I'd originally thought I'd have a pretty early evening.  After my class finished at 10pm, my plan was to go straight to bed, but he told us that our assignment had to be ready for grading my Wednesday at noon, so obviously that through a giant wrench in my plans.  I didn't leave the journalism building until 11:30pm; then I came  home and spent a few more hours editing on Final Cut Express.

Tuesday, I actually got to sleep in until 6:30am!  After a normal day of classes, I rushed back to Lafayette by 5pm because I was on call.  We had our first fire drill of the semester, so rounds ran later than usual.  In total, I spent eight hours on Tuesday tweeking my assignment.  But, I still had to study for my French midterm.  Around 1am I finally cracked open my textbook and practiced the conjugations for avoir (to have) and etre (to be).

My wakeup call for Wednesday came bright and early...5:00am to be exact.  I wanted to get my last bit of studying in before the big test.  After completing my Examen One, I realized that I'd yet to write my history paper.  Once again, it was going to be another  sleepless night.

Come Thursday at noon, I'd finally finished all my assignments for the week!  I took a nap in the middle of the day, and actually got to bed at a decent hour that night.  Now, I have a four day weekend- thanks for that random Fall Break NYU.  Sure, I'll have to spending some time editing another piece, and I'll want to get a jumpstart on midterm studying.  But most importantly, I just plan on relaxing.

If you'd like, take a look at the final results to my premier piece.  No judgement now; it was after all my first time editing with Final Cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment