Saturday, October 29, 2011

New York City Pop-Up Shops

For my journalism class this week, our professor assigned us our very first day-of-air piece.  After we sent him an email, we literally had until 10pm that night to find a story, shoot it, write it, edit it, and get it on the web.  The exercise's purpose was to show us what it's like to be an actual reporter with quick deadlines.  Because I'm on call/duty all weekend (so I won't be able to leave Laf late Sunday night), I knew my only day to produce a package was Friday.  So, here you have it.  I finished the exercise and even had 4 1/2 hours to spare. Hope you enjoy my spooktacular story!

Anchor Intro:  This October, additional Halloween retailers have been popping up across New York City. Ashley Thublin has the story for us now.

I just realized the video isn't always uploading so here's the link if you're having trouble and would like to view it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment