Sunday, June 29, 2014

#forward2014

Just about everything I've posted or been tagged in this weekend has included #forward2014.  So, if you're wondering what it's all about, keep reading…
 The vision of Pastor Jentezen Franklin and Free Chapel Church, it was basically a giant three day worship service.  Never in my life have I seen so many Christians together in one place worshiping God.  And, let me tell you; it was FANFREAKINGTASTIC!  

Artists like Matt Redman, Isral Houghton, Planetshakers and Hilsong Young and Free got each service started.  Then, some of the top pastors in the country would deliver the message.  Even though they were speaking to more than 13,000 other people, quite a few times, I felt like the words pouring from their lips were directed just at me.  It was like God wanted me to know I matter.  I'm more than just a face in the crowd.  He has amazing plans for my life.  There's things that only I can do; I just need to listen and let Him be in control.

Listening to each speaker, I wrote down page after page of notes, quotes, and tidbits that God wanted me to remember and share.  So, here's a few of my favorites:

1) Jeremiah 29:11
2) If God has a hope for your future, you should have a hope for your future.
3) Promotion comes not from the East or from the West but from the Lord.  Remember, we serve a God who's in the life changing business.
4) Read 1 Chronicles 4:9-10, and you'll see that God WANTS to answer our prayers.
5) Give Him your weakness, and He'll give you His strength.
6) He's looking for something and someone out of the ordinary.
7) You are not just a human being.  You are a word that God has spoken.
8) You are the intention of heaven for the attention of the earth!
9) I should not show more praise for a sports team that doesn't know me than to a God who does.
10) Worship is the one thing God cannot give himself.
11) Our homes are to be places of prayer.
12) If you'll give God a vessel He'll pour into you.  You just have to be clean and empty.  Then, God can use you to make miracles.
13) God searched for 42 generations to find the box for His product.  Indeed, the product gives value to the box.
14) Because, you're either a container of trash or treasure.
15) The enemy of our souls knows who we are long before we do.
16) Dissecting James 1:2-8 is a bit hard to muster  But read it.  It'll give you something to think about.
17) The attacks on your faith have much more to do with who you might be then who you've been in the past.
18) Don't pray safe prayers.
19) By dying on the cross, Jesus didn't just take your place.  He gave you His.
20) Yes, the Cross=Love, but it's also a weapon.
21) When there's a but God everything changes.
22) Your past is your history, but your future is your destiny.
23) Turn the page.
24) If you listen too long to what people say about you you'll begin to believe it.
25) When we open His word it's a chance for an encounter.
26) There's unsaved people that are more passionate about their sin than Christian are about their Savior.  Seriously, sometimes Christians are the worst advertisements for church.
27) Churches make mistakes because churches are made up of people and people make mistakes.
28) Galatians 5:22
29) The greatest books have not been written.  He's just searching for a vessel.
30) I believe in Jesus Christ.


But really?  What good is The Word if I forget it the second the cover closes? What good are these encounters if it's just a moment I experienced at some conference?

When I went to pick Roo up, of course, my mom and I started talking about my trip.  All I could do was gush and read from my notebook.  Then, as I was getting up to leave with my puppy and overly tired eyes, she asked if I was coming down from my weekend high.

 I turned to her and said, "No, and I'm not going to."

No comments:

Post a Comment