Friday, July 15, 2011

Pottermainia


He Was Such a Good Date-He Even
 Bought Our Tickets, Rachel
Sure Is a Lucky Girl
Last night I went on an awesome date...with my baby brother.  For those of you who've read my blog postings before, you may have come to realize I'm creepily obsessed with all things related to Harry Potter.  With the first showing of the final movie scheduled for 11:59 last night, Joseph and I made sure we had tickets.  We left the house at about 10:30, and already the line completely wrapped around Amstar.

Longest Line Ever
At the biggest midnight premiere the theatre's ever seen, over 2000 people participated in the Pottermania.  Many fans dressed up like the famous trio, rocking plaid skirts and black cloaks despite the Georgia heat.  My little brother even made the comment:  "Who knew wearing glasses could be so cool."  Unfortunately, staff workers weren't quite prepared for the enormous crowd, so the show's start time was pushed back to 12:41.  Despite the late start, I must say staying out until 3am was well worth it.  EPIC is the only word that even comes close enough to describing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two.

Since being first introduced to Harry in 3rd grade, I've been absolutely mesmerized with the wizarding world.  So when the final credits rolled, it really seemed like the end of an era.  I know this sounds silly, but I kind of feel like I lost one of my really good friends.  At least the epilogue revealed a happy ending for Hogwarts:  Harry and Jenny were married with 3 children (including one little boy named Albus Severus who's worried about where the Sorting Hat will place him), Ron and Hermione also tied the knot and had a few red headed babies of their own, and Neville Longbottom's the new herbology teacher at our hero's alma mater.  I just wish J. K. Rowling would start a new magical series.  I'm sure it couldn't trump Harry Potter, but at least we'd have a new villain to hate along with Lord Voldemort.

No comments:

Post a Comment