Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I'm Pinterested In

Thanks to my fellow News Central intern, Katie Grissom, I've discovered the most amazing new website, Pinterest.  I'm a little embarrased to say I spent most of my day pinning my interest.  

So, you may be asking, "What even is Pinterest?"  Essentially, it's a virtual pinboard.  Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web.  Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.  

Want to give the website a try?  You can request an invite from Pintrest, and once they get back to you with a confirmation link, start pinning. There's an endless amount of types of things you can pin.  Here are a few of my boards:  

1) Just Me-Like the Sound of Music song "My Favorite Things," this pinboard is dedicated to items that describe me best.  It includes ballet tutus, dachshund scarves, strawberry cupcakes, newspaper dresses, and Paula Deen recipes just to name a few.  This hodgepodge of sorts may seem unorganized to anyone else, but to me it all seems to match just perfectly.  

2)Dream Home-I love the idea of sticking all the decoration pictures I like in one place.  Here, I've included Christmas wreaths, retro tupperware, a patchwork chaise, and Marie Antoinette plates.  I'm just hoping that one day (after all my student loans are paid off) my house will be as eclectic as my pinboard.  

 3)Worth Reading-I'm the biggest book nerd ever.  For me, the most perfect afternoon would be spend lounging on the coach reading a paperback.  Here, I've pinned the best works of literature.

4)Favorite Places and Spaces-Although I haven't actually visited all these locations, I will.  Regardless of  whether they're a cozy fort or four story library, each are must sees (or must sees again).

5)Creative Ideas-Although I'm no Martha Stewart, I do consider myself a Queen of Craft for the twenty-something crowd.  For this board, I looked through tons of projects and picked the ones I'd like to make. When the next boring, rainy day comes along, it looks as though the glue gun will be plugged in and one of these features will be attempted.


6)Someday I'll Get Married-One day in the way distant future I'll meet my very own Prince Charming.  Why not be prepared?  My favorite TLC program is Say Yes to the Dress; obviously I had to take a peek at a few of Kleinfeld's gowns.  I even found newspaper invitations that announced the "merger" of one in love couple. Add in beautiful flowers, table settings, a pair of TOMS, individual cupcakes for guests and you have my ideal wedding day.


One of the great things about Pintrest is you can be as creative as you'd like to be when deciding on you boards.  If Alice in Wonderland is your thing, make a board devoted to its whimsy design. Of if you find your collections to be a little more conventional (like teapots, shot glasses, or silver spoons) there's sure to be pretty pictures there too.  


And if you're already Pintrest, come find me... click here.  Happy Pinning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment