Friday, December 2, 2011

Decorating the Dorm

My Sparkly Pink
 Christmas Tree

Today may only be December 2nd, but my seasonal celebrations have already begun.  On Thanksgiving morning, I turned on the Pandora Holiday Station, and it won't be changed until well after the New Year.   I've already watched Rudolph and drank the first gingerbread latte of the year.  Even when I was at work yesterday, the little boy I babysit was playing "What Child is This" and "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" on the piano.  Each day leading up to Christmas, I  also get to open an advent treat.  A few years ago, Momma started this tradition, and even though I may be living 1000 miles away, she makes sure I have a special surprise.  It's nothing too  big (yesterday I got cupcake shaped post-its and today Big Red), but unwrapping the trinkets sure do put a smile on my face.  And of course, I wouldn't be my momma's daughter unless my apartment looked like Santa's elves decorated it.  As soon as I got back from the airport Monday night, I set up a tiny tree, hung my stocking, and changed the plate rack to include candy canes.  I even made a pitstop at the Union Square Holiday Market after class today.  I found my baby sister the cutest birthday gift--hopefully she'll like it.  And tomorrow morning, I'll be heading over to SohoTrees; my next story will feature the local company and the whimsical way they do Christmas.  If you ask me, it really is the most wonderful time of the year!


Gingerbreads, Candy Canes, and Ornaments-How I Love My Plates 

No comments:

Post a Comment