Sunday, January 22, 2012

Re-Acclimating to the City

Creepily Watching Shoppers Below

Wow...this past week's been a little crazy.  My Christmas Break came to an close; the NYU RAs had winter training, and I only have 12 more hours until the Spring 2012 Semester begins.

After a month of southern living, I was lucky enough to have a day to readjust to the not-so-laid-back pace of city living.  This may sound a little silly, but one of my favorite places in New York City is the Macy's Starbucks.  My mom and I discovered it on the trip we took to tour NYU, and now whenever I find myself with a few hours to kill, I somehow always end up there.  There's just something about  drinking a latte and watching people shoplift below that just screams happiness to me.  Plus, I figure what better way to get re-acclimated back to the city life then by pretending to be a tourist.

Despite the calendar reading January, Georgia's weather wasn't hitting much below 55º.  I'd gotten used to wearing skirts without leggings and short sleeve skirts again.  But on only my second day back, New York got a mini snow storm.  After walking to a meeting despite the falling flurries, I quickly came to the conclusion that there's nothing more beautiful than New York City in the winter, except the view of New York City in the winter through my apartment window.

Snow boots, not driving, super chapped lips, slippery sidewalks (all on top of working and studying)... I'm not really sure if I'm ready for all this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment