Monday, April 2, 2012

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Today is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, so you know what that mean...I've completely gorged myself on Jif Extra Crunchy!  It may be the number choice for choosy mom, but it's also my number one choice when it comes to snacking.

This sounds a little silly.  But the other night my friends and I were discussing, if you could decide,  what would be your last meal?  Of course, I quickly chimed in a PB+J on toasted whole wheat bread with homemade blackberry jelly and Jif extra crunchy.  To you it may not seem to special, but for me there's just something so comforting about a good sandwich.

As a little girl, I was quite the picky eater.  Literally, there was a sixth month period where I refused to eat anything for breakfast, noon, and night except PB+J.  And when I worked at Carolina Creek two summers ago, one would routinely be found on my plate every lunch.  Currently, peanut butter's become my dessert substitute.  Let me explain; I'm attempting to cut down on unhealthy, sugar-ridden cookies (most notable Oreos).  So for an alternative, I eat two cakes with peanut butter in the middle.  I use the excuse I'm a vegetarian and need the peanut butter  for protein, but honestly I just eat it because it taste so good.  I'm actually starting to think I may have a peanut butter problem.  I go through an 18oz. container every week!

I know this blog post comes off as a little silly, but sometimes it's fun to relish in your favorite food-especially when it receives its own holiday!  And sorry; I just couldn't resist adding the song!  



No comments:

Post a Comment