Sunday, November 25, 2012

Roll Tide!

Like any good Southern Belle, SEC football is my life.  Every Saturday, from 3:30-midnight, I'm glued in front of multiple TVs, cutting highlights of the top football games.  But as the Alabama Crimson Tide played host to the Auburn Tigers for their 77th matchup, I was actually there catch all the action.
Truer words have never been spoken! 

All my life, I've heard about the intense intrastate rivalry, but no documentary can show what game day's really like.  For the fourth straight year, the crucial conference clash had BCS implications, so both Alabama schools brought their A-Game.

Even though I'm a huge U of A fan, I'd never actually been to a fall football game. So, attending the biggest rivalry of the SEC was certainly a great way to experience Bryant-Denny Stadium for the first time.
Now that's one proud Daddy! 
Never in my life have I seen so much camo, crimson, and houndstooth all under one roof. Of course, there was your typical fraternity boys, donning crimson bow ties and Alabama A pants, too.  Along with their constantly waving rammer jammers, there's no denying U of A students love their college football!
The Saban Nation hopes a 15th national tidal is soon theirs. 
Talk about a great half-time show!  The Million Dollar Band wowed the crowd with their gospel music-themed number.
Here's to hoping my little brother will be wearing their uniform next fall!  
As for the final score, well Alabama rolled over Auburn 49 to 0.  Of course, I expected the Crimson Tide to win, but not by so much!  AJ McCarron passed for more than 200 yards and four touchdowns, while RB Eddie Lacey rushed for 131 yards and two TDs.  But it wasn't all good news.  According to Coach Nick Saban, it looks like wide receiver Kenny Bell will miss the next five to six weeks.  From his play-making skills in the second, he now suffers a broken leg. 

The Iron Bowl W means the Tide will take on the No 3 Georgia Bulldogs next Saturday, with the champ likely receiving a BCS shot.  All I can say is Roll Tide! 

No comments:

Post a Comment