Friday, February 18, 2011

New York City In February. Spring dress and flip-flops?

Today was such a perfect day in the city.  Not only was the weather a sunny 67 degrees, but finally, after working for Good Housekeeping for almost a month, I got my id badge.  Now, it certainly doesn't look like anything special.  I'm intern 13583, but it's my key to unlocking floors 28 and 29 in the Hearst building.  No longer must I visit the security guard's desk where he'll print me out a daily pass.  Oh no, I have a pass that's good until at least May 31, 2011.  And, I'm sure, Alex, the other intern I work with, will be very happy that she wouldn't always have to buzz me in.  But, besides from getting my id and all, GH was pretty uneventful today.  Our bosses, Libby and Jackie, were away. So Alex and I just transcribed.  For five hours all you could hear was the pecking of keys as we tried to figure out just what exactly that guy had muddled into the microphone.  However, we did have a delicious lunch in the Hearst cafeteria.  It was build your own burger Friday.  Paired with a Starbucks Tazo tea, it was quite tasty, but the $9.80 price tag was a little steep.  We did however get to leave at 3:30 today.  With Monday being a holiday and what not, they wanted to give us a little extra time to enjoy the sunshine.  I certainly wasn't complaining.  
Now, with my extra 2 hours, I should have gone to Bobst to watch a movie for my Jewish Studies class.  But instead, I just took some me time.  I found this absolutely adorable crafts store called Lee's Art Shop, Inc.  Located at 220 West 57th Street, it stretches 4 floors!  And,it even has Vera Bradley, so I was able to soothe my new wallet cravings.  After I came back to the dorm, I worked on a paper for a while, and am heading off to City Grace in a few minutes for Sing a New Song.  I have to write an article about it for my journalism class, so I'm sure I'll be posting about it tomorrow.  Oh, and I almost forgot.  I got the March 2011 issue of Good Housekeeping from the kitchen today as well.  I haven't quite had enough time to digest it properly but Valerie Bertinelli resides as our cover girl, and from the few articles I'v looked at, it looks like it's going to be a pretty promising read...of course, they always are.  Oh yeah, one last thing. Can I just say how much I love working under the literary editor.  We get free books daily, and because they usually weren't requested, us interns get first dibs.  Today, I grabbed the Ballerina Cookbook.  The cover has a picture of pointe shoe shaped cookies.  How could I resist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment