Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

It's Saturday night.  And while most of New York is out on the town, I'm stuck in Lafayette as the RA on Duty.  But don't feel bad for me.  During my weekly three hour Resource Center I was shown the most adorable short film ever.  It combines a view of my favorite things:  The Wizard of Oz, books, period piece clothing, and animation.


The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore is a humorous allegory about the power of stories.  After a hurricane destroys his town, Morris is whisked away to a colorful old house filled with books.  They come alive and help him spread the love of reading throughout his community.  He remains their caretaker for years until it's time for him to pass and another book guardian takes over for him. 

If you have 15 minutes to spare definitely check it out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment