Sunday, February 26, 2012

NYU's All University Games

I don't know why, but for the past few days I've felt like I'm reliving high school.  

It all started when I discovered Friday Night Lights on Netflix Instant Watch.  I remember seeing a few episodes when it first came out, but I never really got into it.  Well, I may be a little late, but I'm certainly on the bandwagon now.  Every free second I've had has been spent watching Season One.  I love all the sports talk.  But let's be honest; there's no way those actors look like high schoolers (regardless of how cute they may be). 

Then there was Friday night.  NYU isn't known for their sports teams, but once a year all 17 schools compete for the title of All University Champ.  I'm doing a package for NYU Tonight, so I spend six hours in sweaty Coles Sports Complex filming.  I know most colleges actually have school spirit.  There, students aren't afraid to wear gear from the bookstore or cheer on players, but at NYU it just seems so foreign.  Don't get me wrong.  I loved covering the event; it's just a little out of character for any New York City reporter.  

But anywho...here's the final version of my piece that will air this Tuesday.  Take a look if you'd like! 


No comments:

Post a Comment