Friday, May 18, 2012

Treasure Trove from the Trash Bins

I've been back in New York City for a few days now, but most of my time's been spent in the Lafayette Resource Center.  For most of our residents, it's checkout time.  So moving bins, registration cards, and lots of parents can be found all over the place.  But it's the stuff people are throwing out that really surprises me.  Textbooks, microwaves, lamps, even a couch and lots of TVs are up for grabs.

This is Just One Section!  Seriously, There's So Much Stuff
From the trash rooms and donation bins, I've rescued an abandoned bookshelf, an antique coffee table, a new mixer still in its box, and a few cookie sheets.  After a few go-arounds with Palmolive and Clorox wipes, each item's good as new.  Plus, they were 100% free.  Some kids at NYU must have more money than they know what to do with if they're throwing out stuff like this!
This Will Nicely Hold All my Fun Books I Have Here 

I guess the old saying's true...one man's trash really is another's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment