Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Red KitchenAid Mixer

Now that's a pretty piece of medal! 
For as long as I can remember, a red KitchenAid mixer has always been on my wish list.  I've written about the appliance more times than I can count.  And, every time I visit a department store a trip to the kitchen section is always mandatory.  Well, after much oohing and aahing, I'm excited to announce I'm the newest owner of the world's most famous mixer!

Since I came home for my month-long vacation, this giant present has been staring back at me.  Signed love Grandma and Grandpa, the card said it was a combined Christmas/Birthday/Graduation present, so I didn't really know what to expect.  Let's just say, expectations exceedingly met!
So excited, my mom had to take a picture of me hugging it! 
See, it's authentic! 
To christen my new appliance, I made the dough for my grandmother's famous Christmas Sugar Cookies.  There'll be more on our culinary adventure tomorrow, but for now here's the super simple, delicious recipe.

Ingredients:
-1 lb. butter
-2 1/2 cup sugar
-4 cups all purpose flour
-2 eggs


Directions:  Cream together the butter and sugar.  Then, gradually add the four cups of flour.  Lastly, add the two eggs.  Chill in the refrigerator for at least eight hours.  Then, use your favorite cookie cutters.  Bake for 350º until the cookies appear golden brown, which usually takes about 10 minutes.
The dough's sitting overnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment