Sunday, December 2, 2012

D.I.Y. Christmas Bow Wreath

Add a pop of colorful to
your Christmas decorations!
For as long as I can remember, my dad's always garnished out presents with pre-made bows.  My mom's always made fun of them, claiming the metallic toppers are Christmas cop-outs.  But, I hope she'll approve of me using them.  Don't worry.  It's not to decorate the piles of present beneath the tree but for a super simple, quick craft.

You may remember a few years ago my mom and I burned our fingertips, hot glueing an Anthropologie-inspired wreath.  Well, this new D.I.Y. wreath isn't quite as intricate, but less pinky pain is definitely a plus! 

Just use the common supplies found
around your gift wrapping station. 
The only materials needed for this project are pre-made bows in multiple colors, hot glue, and cardboard.  

For starters, cut the cardboard into your desired size doughnut.  Mine's about 18 inches in diameter, but judge accordingly depending on your desired size.  And, don't worry about how your cardboard looks. Once you add the bows, it won't be the least bit visible.


Then, add your bows with hot glue.  And, voila!  You've now got a cute, Christmas craft that takes no time at all!
It makes the perfect addition to any holiday themed party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment