Monday, February 18, 2013

Confetti

Looks like this fallen confetti found a home on the fence


The calendar may read Presidents Day, but here in Chinatown, people are more excited about the Lunar New Year.  In celebration of the Year of the Snake, the neighborhood hosted its 14th annual parade and festival. Thanks to the celebration, today most of lower Manhattan is covered with confetti.  So, after a quick trip to the MoMA PS1 museum, I grabbed my camera and attempted to take pictures.

Perhaps you're wondering why anyone would want to take pictures of trash?  Honestly, I'm not really sure myself. Maybe it was my morning excursion to see contemporary art, or perhaps I'm just trying to soak in the neighborhood before I leave.  Either way, something about the colors drew me in.
The flower beds in Columbus Park are growing glittery plants.  
And, these residents spent their afternoon playing cards in the park. 
This man needed a haircut.
And, Mickey greeted all who wandered by.
If anyone needs some seafood, you'll get some fresh findings here.
And, if firecrackers are required to ring in the New Year, look no further than your local street vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment