Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birthdays are the Best

Happy Everything--Birthday Style
Most people would say turning 22 isn't nearly as momentous as the year before, but that didn't stop my friends from being wonderful when it came to Birthday celebrations!  

As the clock struck midnight (and I officially became an old lady), they met me for drinks at our favorite Chinatown bar, Winnie's.  Seeing as how the first few minutes of both my 21st and 22nd were spent there, I'm making it an official birthday tradition.  Crowded around a table as karaoke music blared all around, they sang "Happy Birthday" as we nommed on a mini cheesecake and drank Hawaiian Punch Surprises. 
From Little Cupcake Bakeshop, this sweet treat was certainly delicious!   
Because I have the world's worst work schedule, I had to forego your typical dinner and drinks, instead forcing my friends to join me for an early morning birthday brunch at Spring Natural.  
Sweet Joanna didn't want to ruin the curls...too darn funny! 
Talk about love; so many people joined me for mimosas and Mayan Eggs at 11am on a Saturday morning!

Such a Great Show! 
Then, it was off to Time Square to for a showing of "Nice Work If You Can Get It."  Featuring flappers, cute costumes, song and dance numbers, and Ferris Bueller himself, by far it was on of the cutest shows I've ever seen.  Seeing as how it's Broadway Week, our tickets were discounted 2-for-1, but I'd recommend a trip to the Imperial Theatre for all.  

A quick stop off at home came next.  A Skype date with my mom was definitely needed so I could open my way to big pile of presents.  She has this crazy tradition where she gives us the same number of presents as the year we're turning.  So, 22 strawberry and cupcake clad gifts were waiting for me to open.  Of course, all of them were very sweet and thoughtful, with many geared to post-graduation apartment living.  But my favorite would have to be my new Nikon DSLR camera!  I guess that means my days of Blackberry photos will come to an end. 
Strawberries, Cupcakes, and Polkadots--If my momma doesn't know me! 

Work came after presents.  Yesterday was Groundhogs Day, and the Knicks were hoping what'd been happening on the court would keep going and going.  Winning their last three match-ups, they were hoping to pull off a fourth last night against the LA Kings.  So of course,  WABC needed an intern to watch the game and cut the highlights.  That's where I came in.  At one point in the 1st the Knicks were down by 12, averaging 1/13FG.  But, once Amare Stoudemire took to the court, the Kings had no hope.  Threes were flying, and at one point the Knicks led by more than 50.  Ultimately, they secured the W 120-81.  

And, like all good single NYU girls, my night ended at a gay bar.  Nestled on the corner of 2nd and 4th, the Boiler Room features cheap drinks and pool tables.  All good things I'd say; unfortunately, no drag queens can be found here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment