Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Knockoffs Make Good Art

My professor says a great photo is a verb.  So, for our first journalism assignment of the semester he sent us out and said photograph your New York.  I'm sure most NYU students would capture the Washington Square Arch or snap a photo of Bobst's facade.  But for me, the City means Chinatown and all its glorious, touristy knockoffs. So, I took my new Nikon DSLR out in hopes of making the neighborhood proud.   I took a whopping 223 pictures in just an hour, but here I've narrowed it down to my favorite 10.  What do you think?  
So many cuddly hats can be found on Canal Street 
Anyone needing a new phone case? 
Keychains with your name on it always make for good souvenirs 
Paper lanterns make me happy!  
Take a bite out of these strawberries 
I've got my eye on you

No comments:

Post a Comment