Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's a Snow Day


Nemo's had his northern migration, and Manhattan's been blanketed with 15 inches of snow.  And, the flakes just keep on coming.  We're under winter weather watch until tomorrow.  I'm sure most people would prefer to stay indoors and enjoy the flurries from the comfort of their couch.  Maybe it's the Georgia girl in me (I never saw real snow until I moved to the City), but I decided to take my cup of coffee to-go, seeing the blizzard up close and personal.  



Forget the typical Hershey's Kiss, I want
something from Vegan Valentines Shop-Up instead! 
First thing this morning my friend, Rebecca, and I took the L to Brooklyn for a Vegan Valentines Shop-Up.  Heart shaped cookies, strawberry cake pops and other delicious goodies could be had, each one made minus all animal byproducts.  For customers craving something besides sweets, there was even beard oil from Brooklyn Grooming.  Filled with lots of free samples (like bite-sized cupcakes, chai tea and vegan fudge), it was like taking a Saturday trip to Costco surrounded by hot Brooklyn boys.  Despite the temptation, I'm proud to say I left with only a few purchases-- two baby bonbons and a chocolate bar from Rescue Chocolate.  100% of their net proceeds go to animal rescue groups, so even if the Fosteriffic Peppermint flavor taste funny, I'll be helping puppies.
Put a precious puppy on your wrapper, and basically I'm guaranteed to buy what you're selling!
Then it was off to Central Park.  It looks like we weren't the only ones who had the idea to see what the iconic park looks like covered with fluffy, white snow.  Talk about a winter wonderland!

Dogs in their snow gear.  Really, there's nothing cuter! 
So many kiddos were trying their hand at sledding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment