Friday, March 11, 2011

High/Low

Good Housekeeping was a little slow today.  There was a lot of time spent on facebook and flipping through old editions.  Literally, all my tasks for today were completed by 10:15.  So, basically Libby just kind of made up things for Alex and I to do.  After lunch, we had to look up home decor blogs.  I'm not really sure what it was for, but I had a lot of fun.  It was quite inspiring.

One of my favorite things to do is bargain hunting.  This Style at Home "High/Low" series is one of my favorites.  Basically, they feature two practically identical spaces, one designed at top dollar, and the other at a much lower cost.  

Take for example this garden room. 
Here is the High version at $9,937 and Low version (the one on the right) for only $3,109. 


Here's another...

And another...
Can you believe the similarities here?

Of course, then I realized that I'm on college budget and wouldn't be able to even 
afford the Low options.  I guess I'll just have to continue to visit thrift shops and antique 
stores if I want to furnish my dorm room next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment