Thursday, March 17, 2011

Think Pink

With my Baby Brother inside the
Virginia College Tent 
I know it's St. Patrick's Day; everyone's wearing green and celebrating the Irish, but it's time to Think Pink. This week, I've been home in Macon, Georgia.  Besides visiting friends and catching up on mid-semester reading, I've been helping my mom get Virginia College ready tomorrow's ribbon cutting ceremony.  That's right, at noon tomorrow, the 29th annual Cherry Blossom Festival will officially be underway.  For ten whole days, Macon takes on a rosy glow.  From the daily newspaper to Chick-fil-A milkshakes, everything is pink.  Festival-goers are invited to enjoy gracious Southern hospitality as they celebrate in a grand style the magnificent beauty of 300,000 Yoshino cherry trees.

Because Virginia College is a silver sponsor, our family was invited to attend Peek at the Park.  Applebee's catered the meal, and we dined in the big, white tent.  Pink table clothes covered the tables and crystal chandeliers dangled from its ceiling.  After a meal of spinach dip and chips, we had 2 hours for park rides.  I went on the Ferris Wheel twice and some type of Pirate Ship a few times too.  At the Big Cat Encounter, we saw a liger, a white bangled tiger, and a lion  And, the greatest thing...it was all FREE!  

 I just can't wait for tomorrow's ribbon-cutting ceremony.  Hopefully, I'll be able to buy this year's t-shirt. I mean, Macon is the Cherry Blossom Capital of the World.  If that doesn't deserve a celebratory souvenir I don't know what does.  Plus, I really feel like Cotton Candy and Elephant Ears are calling my name.  
Here's a picture of my Mom's 3 Babies

View from the Top of the Ferris Wheel 

Becky and Dalton, They're So Cute Together 

Me and my Mommy on the Ferris Wheel 
I

No comments:

Post a Comment