Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hot Air Balloons, Low Fat Yogurt, and Gas-Station Coffee

Saturday was my last night in Macon, and to celebrate, my family attended the Cherry Blossom Balloon Glow.  Along with the Tribbles, we camped out on the Macon State lawn and enjoyed a delicious spread of food.  My mom made fried chicken from scratch, but I ate a salad with French dressing.  For dessert, we had 7 Layer Cookies and Brownies.  Now, the Tribbles are our closest family friends; Mrs. Amy and Mr. Steve are like a second set of parents for me.  Really, I don't know what I'd do without them.  And while the evening was definitely fun, I knew I couldn't stay in Georgia forever.  Plus, when I woke up the next morning, everything was covered with blanket of yellow pollen.  With only 7 weeks left in the semester, I know time will fly before I'm back in the South to celebrate my sisters graduation.  So anyways, after a 2 hour plane ride, complete with 3 screaming babies, I was back in New York City.  
The Mystery Yo Plus

And,  It Only has 360 Calories
Today, I had my internship at Good Housekeeping.  For 5 hours, I went on a wild goose chase looking for Yo Plus Yogurt.  I literally went to 30 different stores, and lo and behold, they no longer make it.  I'm sure every stock boy thought I was crazy, staring at the Yogurt section with a confused look on my face.  My editor wasn't to pleased, but at least I tried.

Then, when I got back (and had hardly had enough time to take off my coat) I was sent out to find a Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream bar.  Again, visits to many bodegas were had; however, at least this treasure hunt produced some results.  Now remember, the Hearst cross street is 57th and Broadway.  I finally found it at the 7/11 at 42nd and 9th Avenue.

Now, to reward myself for all my hard work (and because I'd done all that walking in 4 inch heels) I bought some gas station coffee.  For some reason, it's my absolute favorite. Seriously, I'd rather drink a large cup of french vanilla from 7/11 any day over a venti vanilla latte from Starbucks.  Plus, it's way cheaper-a large only cost $1.89! 

No comments:

Post a Comment