Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Spring Time and I'm Stuck Inside

Only 3 midterms and 2 papers stand in my way of Spring Break.  All I keep thinking is this time next week, I'll be back in Macon, Georgia.  I've never wanted a chance to chill more than now!  Of course, I'll just be reading books for my internship, studying for an additional midterm, and writing a couple papers during my 7 day hiatus from the City, but at least I'll be home!

Today was absolutely beautiful, but I wasn't able to leave Gramercy.  Between making notecards, reading the Contending Visions of the Middle East, and doing laundry, stepping outside the building just wan't an option.  But I still wanted to celebrate Spring, so I painted my toenails neon green.



Good Housekeeping was pretty excited yesterday.  In the morning I opened reader mail.  I got this crazy letter from this 60-something who wrote detailed instructions on how to make Barbie panties.  Complete with pictures, it was probably the most laughable piece I've read thus far.   After which, I worked on the "Drop 5" article.  It was my job to compare two items calorie counts.  The biggest surprise I found was at Outback Steakhouse- their cheese Fries have as many calories as 20 orders of potato boats.  After lunch, I wrote the hook and decks (the title and short one-sentence blurb underneath it) for an article that'll appear in the June edition.  I rounded up the afternoon with a few book write-ups and left around 5:30.

Quick question:  why is it that whenever you have money and are searching for something new to wear, you can never find anything at Gap?  I'd gotten paid on Thursday and really wanted this pair of jeans, But when I went to buy them yesterday after work, of course they weren't there in my size. So annoying!  I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday to visit the Gap closer to campus.

Last night, Jen and I went with our RA to see True Grit.  The Coen brothers did quite a good job, and the little girl was an excellent actress.  I'm a little confused why she didn't win the Oscar (and why was her role only as a supporting actress?), but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment