Friday, March 18, 2011

The Pinkest Party on Earth

Yes, that is a Pink Poodle
Today, I attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Pinkest Party on Earth.  Dog owners dye their poodles Pepto-Bismol pink, and burly men wear hot pink blazers.  The Cherry Blossom Queen and her court were introduced, and Virginia College's President welcomed Maconites to the opening day.

Delicious Fried Cheescake
Afterward, I ate some delicious fair food.  Red beans and rice for starters, with a large sweet tea.  And for dessert, wait for it...deep fried cheesecake.  Seriously, it was delicious!  The VC booth in the Long Building was quite cute.  Festival visitors can register to win a flat-screen tv; plus they can admire the adorable pink polos the VC staff wears.
Speaking of shirts, this years official Cherry Blossom tee is navy blue with the cutest pink trees on the back.  At only $15, it was a worthy purchase.

The afternoon was spent at Virginia College decorating the bulletin board with fun Cherry Blossom pictures.  I must admit, I'm going to be quite sad when I leave Macon on Sunday afternoon.  I'm sad to be leaving my family, but I'm also sad to be leaving behind this pink wardrobe.


Here's the VC Booth 
Wendy, Mommy, and Megan at the Cherry Blossom Festival 
Petals' (the Pink Poodle) Chair 

No comments:

Post a Comment