Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is serious business here in New York City. Even those who haven't a drop of Irish blood in their pedigree wear green, drink Guinness, and watch the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  Unfortunately, my three holiday duties were all reserved for the second half of Spring Break, so I spent most of the day writing papers and preparing for an upcoming French Exam.

But knowing that I'd spent way to long in the building, the RA on Duty was nice enough to give me a short reprieve this evening.  So, I of course went to a local bar and drank a beer.  It was actually pretty funny; by far my friend and I were the youngest people there.  Somehow we'd managed to mingle with the 30+ crowd.  All I'm saying is I plan on being a mom by the time I'm there age, so if I'm still bar hopping please put me out of my misery.

I did, however, get to see highlights from the Knicks game.  In the sports world, March 17th is a day for teams to have a little fun with their uniforms.  Teams who don't usually wear green find their Irish roots and usually auction off the jerseys to raise money for charities.  Of course, I took note of Jeremy Lin who looked especially cute in his green #17 jersey.

Here's to another holiday on the books.  I'm sure your festivities were much more exciting than mine.  Feel free to share your St. Patrick's Day plans, so I'll know what to do for next year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment