Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm No Giuliana Rancic

I can't believe it's already March 6th and I haven't made a posting this month.  Please forgive me; it's been one busy week.  Between writing papers, booking Spring Break flights, and having the most perfect date (only to find out he'll be moving to Korea in two days), believe me when I say I've had a lot on my mind. But tonight I've finished class a little early, so here's what's up.

Tuesdays are my one and only super long day of classes.  One class meets for six hours straight.  Granted we do write, produce, edit and air a complete newscast, but it's certainly a lot of work.  Well, for  the past two weeks I've been the entertainment correspondent.  Last Tuesday that mean I'd still write all the sports pieces for the show then read what other reports wrote during my block.  Today, our professor came up with a new rule though.  She said I actually had to write my gossip stories.  I've officially come to the conclusion that I would much rather be in a sweaty locker room than a swanky red carpet.  Entertainment reporting just isn't my fortei.  I'll leave the latest updates on the Kardashian sisters to E! and gladly saunter back to my basketball updates.  Regardless, here's the top stories I reported on today:

We Remember Famous
Songwriter Robert Sherman 
Talk about ending on bad terms...Jersey Shore star, Nicole Snooki Polizzi, is rumored to be pregnant and ex-boyfriend, Emilio Masella, isn't too taken with the idea of the reality starlet becoming a mother.  TMZ broke the story that Maselle hopes Snooki "has a miscarriage" to save her from a pregnancy  she just isn't prepared for.  The comment didn't sit too well with Snooki's lawyers, who already served Masella with a cease and desist on February 1st.  Her lawyers are currently reviewing their legal options.

The writer of Disney's most famous songs has died  at the age of 86.  Robert Sherman was the man who brought us "It's a Small World," and Mary Poppins favorites like "Spoon Full of Sugar" and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."  He composed scores for films like The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  His top career achievements included two Academy Awards, a Grammy, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  His death was announced by Sherman's son on Monday.

The Muppets are moving forward without the star who brought them back to the big screen.  Jason Segel has confirmed rumors that he will not be returning for the sequel.  Many were surprised to hear the star who passionately championed Kermit, Miss Piggy, and the rest of the gang was unattached to future flicks.  Segel says his How I Met Your Mother schedule and desire to work on other projects are to blame.  But, he's not upset that Disney decided to move forward with production.

Because winning six Grammy's just wasn't enough, Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is the best selling digital download by a female solo artist in history after 6,679,000 people purchased it online.  The British singer beat Lady Gaga's previous record holder "Poker Face" while the Black Eyed Pea's "I Gotta Feeling" still remains the best-selling digital download ever.  She may be over a million short when it comes to a single, but her album 21 is still the best-selling album in digital history.

You've seen him in The Artist, now watch Uggie take on the small screen.  This award winning pooch is riding his fame into the role of Nintendo's new spokesdog.  In the new advertisement, Uggie plays Nintendogs and Cats on a pink 3DS.  But, his "ruff" days of movie making are over.  According to his trainer, Uggie's been fighting a mysterious neurological disorder and has officially retired.

Well, that's all the entertainment news we had for today, but be sure to turn into NYU Tonight in two weeks.  And, enjoy your Spring Break.


No comments:

Post a Comment