Friday, March 30, 2012

Painting with Pintura

They Have 3 Types of Paint:
Acrylic, Watercolor and Oil Based
I've officially discovered the best remedy for a super stressful day...painting.  I'd just finished writing a paper on the US-Japan interdependent relationship and had two hours to kill before Wednesday night's staff meeting, when I picked up a paintbrush and joined Pintura.  The NYU club promotes fine arts, and their monthly meetings always have an arts and crafts theme.

Obviously, I'm no great artist.  But from the supplies I was working with last night, you'd think club members were created the next Mona Lisa.  My friend and fellow RA, Joanna, heads up their events.  So, if you find yourself in need of a break as finals approach or just want to spruce up your apartment with an original work, send them an email (pintura.club@nyu.edu) for information on how to join their listserv.

My Finished Masterpiece...It Currently Rests on My Window Ledge 

"This is ART!" says my friend Swara with her Unique Piece 


No comments:

Post a Comment