Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Crescent Roll Cookies

So, I'm lactose intolerant and a vegetarian.  Basically, I'm always the picky eater at holiday parties, the one the host has to accommodate .  So, when I found this recipe, I knew I'd have to try it out.  Overall, it was super easy to make and very tasty.  Think of an Arby's cherry turnover.  Well, the base of the cookies is about that consistency; then it has icing and candy so it's even better. I brought them to a Christmas party, and everything seemed to like them.  
Crescent Triangles Baking in the Oven

Materials:
-Crescent Rolls
-Cream Cheese Icing
-Holiday Sprinkles
-Food Coloring
-Pack of M&M's

First of all, just heat the oven to 375.  Spray Pam on your cookie sheet and unroll the dough.  Now, here's where it gets super easy...just place the separated triangles on the pan.  Yep, that's it.   Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown, and you have the
 base for your vegan treats.


The Finished Treats-Too Cute! 
Decorate the delicious triangles to your hearts desire.  Now, I made 16 crescent roll cookies and only used 1 tube of Betty Crocker icing, but if you really like your icing, feel free to buy another.  Now, I choose to make a few Santa Claus face,  Christmas trees, snowmen, and candy cane inspired designs. 

Also, feel free to substitute the candy for fruit to create a healthier option.  

No comments:

Post a Comment