Saturday, December 18, 2010

Will This Semester Never End...

It's December 18 and I still have 5 more days until I get to go home.  Yes, I'm taking the last final NYU offers for the Fall 2010 semester-lucky me!  For two weeks now, I've been enviously reading as friends post status updates telling of their Macon outings.  Sure NYU doesn't go back until January 24, but right now all I want to do is come home.  Forget about z-tables and random WWII facts,I want to watch classic claymation flics, like Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and bake cookies with my grandmother and baby sister.   


On Thursday night, I made a midnight run to Duane Reade to restock on the essentials:  Pop-Tarts, coffee, and candy.  In the past week, I've literally used over 400 index cards, and all my highlighters are running out.  A good-night's sleep has become a foreign concept, and before this morning, I hadn't showered since Wednesday.  My laundry is seriously out of control.  I actually went to the bookstore and bought a sweatshirt because I couldn't fathom washing my clothes-that would require me to leave the library.

And the worst thing is, I know I'm not the only person who's feeling the strain as the semester closes.  Usually, all my classmates look so fashionable in their designer clothes.  Oh no, not this week.  I actually saw people wearing pajamas to class...it's like we go to a real college.  

No comments:

Post a Comment