Friday, January 21, 2011

Buying 80 cups of Coffee

After the month long winter break, it's finally time to hit the books and begin another semester at NYU. Even though September (or August if you're from the South) has come and gone, January is another "back to school" experience where pantry restocking becomes a necessity.

 So, today (during my last 24 hours in Georgia) my step dad and I made a trip to Sams Club. Similar to one of those mega warehouse clubs like Costco, it's one of the few places where you can find a gallon of mustard and a 200-count pack of hotdogs all on the same aisle.

I'm sure my cabinets are empty. During the two weeks leading up to finals, my diet solely consisted of continuous cups of coffee and mountains of M&M morsels. I know a trip to Trader Joe's will be needed , but I couldn't help myself from buying a few favorites. All for under $75, I was able to buy

The Shopping Trip of Champions

  • 25 pack Special-K strawberry bars: the perfect snack for a quick subway ride to work. 
  • 40 oz. of Jif Extra Crunchy peanut butter: I go through PB like it's going out of style. Seriously, I bought this twin pack before I went to school in September and finished it before October 1st. 
  • 36 Swiffer Wetjet cleaning pads:  Me and the roomies try to keep things tidy, but it's a little difficult when you have to crawl on your hands and knees for a good scrub down. 
  • 80 Keurig coffee cups: I'm addicted. There's no stopping now. 
  • 5 Scotch lint rollers: I bought the cutest black pencil skirt for my new job. The only problem is, it's a total dust magnet. 
Plus, one of the true draws Sams is their delicious samples. I'm completely serious. I know that if I would have gone to a non-New York City university, many-a-night my dinner would be those scrumptious freebies! Today, I was able to try Milano cookies, Frosted Mini Wheats, and Robitussin cough syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment