Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Wandering Mind

Have you ever had one of those days where the one person you keep trying to forget is running on a treadmill through your mind.  Just when you start to settle back into your normal routine, something happens and you think of them.  Even the must mundane aspects of the day, like walking through slippery slush or bitting into a Poptart, starts you day dreaming.  For a split second, you think "what if?" Then a honking taxi brings  you back into reality. You're forced to realize it's never going to happen.  They aren't thinking  about you, so you should stop thinking about them.

I'm sure by now you've realized I'm speaking from the heart here.  Right now I'm suffering from a school girl crush gone wonderfully wrong.  Thanks to 15.3 inches of freshly fallen snow, classes and work were cancelled. So my mind had the entire day to wander.  I kept replaying shared conversations, searching for something I'd missed in the moment.  Nothing new was discovered.

But the worst part is, I don't really know if I want to forget, if I really want to stop thinking about the past.  For once my mind no longer strays, I'll be forced to close another chapter of my life.  And, I'm not quite ready for that yet.  It's all so complicated.  I just wish the real world would abide by the rules of journalism...Keep It Simple Stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment