Thursday, January 13, 2011

Going a Bit Stir Crazy?

Ok, so I absolutely love my family, and I'm so glad I've gotten to spend this time with them. But seriously, I'm going stir crazy! You can only visit the new Burger King so many times.  And after you've exhausted all the movies from the local Red Box, what's really left to do in Macon, Georgia?

Apparently, 49 of the 50 states had snow on the ground yesterday (all except Florida). For two days, my brother and sister were home from school, and all the roads were frozen over.  I was stuck at home with no chance of leaving.  So, this morning, when my mom asked me if I'd mind taking my brother to the oral surgeon, I jumped at the chance.  Seriously, I was so excited to get out of the house I probably would have driven to a meat market if she'd asked me to.

wassail3.jpgOf course, one of the few good things about my house arrest was my ability to perfect my mom's Wassail recipe.  A delicious wintry drink, the preparation time is short, and the results are scrumptious.

Ingredients:

  • 1 gallon apple cider
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 can 6oz. frozen orange juice
  • (optional)-1 can 6oz. frozen lemonade 
  • 1 tbsp. clove
  • 1 tbsp. allspice
  • cinnamon sticks
Mix cider, sugar, and undiluted orange juice and pour in a large pot.  Add in the coves and allspice to cider and simmer for about 15 minutes.  Pour in a cute coffee cup (I used my Butterbeer mug from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter) and serve with cinnamon sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment